Social Work Licensing

If I am licensed in another state, do I need to take the exam?
The ASWB exam score is transferable state to state. If you are a licensed social worker in another state, you may be able to apply for comity with your new state. You would need to check with your new state’s social work licensing office to determine which level of exam is needed and whether you meet the other state requirements for licensure.

What are the requirements for licensure?
The requirements for social work licensure vary state to state. All states require you to hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work. Check with your state’s social work licensing office for the exact requirements and procedures for obtaining your license.